- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus addtional for serving
- 1 pkg 16oz spaghetti, linguine or fettuccine
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup s frozen peas
- 12 strips smoked bacon
- 2 cup s heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs thinly slice d fresh chives (optional)
- 3 clove s garlic, finely chopped
1. Heat large covered saucepan of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add spaghetti and cook as label directs; drain pasta, then return to saucepan.
2. Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook 10 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring. Remove skillet from heat; carefully drain off fat. Add cream to bacon and cook over medium-high heat until mixture simmers, stirring to loosen any browned bits on bottom of skillet. Add cheese and cook 4 minutes, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in frozen peas, salt, and pepper; heat just until mixture begins to simmer. Remove skillet from heat.
3. In small bowl, lightly whisk eggs with chives, if using. Slowly stir eggs into skillet. Pour sauce over spaghetti. With tongs, toss spaghetti with sauce until well combined. Sprinkle with cheese to serve.